Peggy L. Ferguson, Ph.D.
Licensed Marriage/Family Therapist
Licensed Alcohol/Drug Counselor
Privacy and Confidentiality Polices and Procedures
Your confidentiality is protected by federal and state statutes. There are limits to confidentiality, however.
Limits to Confidentiality
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
Some Exceptions include:
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.?
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Technical Privacy Issues
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions ( Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- We may send you an email with pertinent information about subject(s) you have previously expressed interest in. You may op out at any time.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
- PayPal offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted. When you log into paypal to make a credit card purchase,
- Your sensitive financial information is securely stored on paypal servers--not ours.
- When you use PayPal to pay online, you provide only your PayPal email address.
- The merchant (peggyferguson.com) receives payment from PayPal without ever seeing your financial information.
- Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. When you click on others' links, their privacy policies apply to you and your information. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to adults.
Terms and Conditions
- Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.peggyferguson.com.
This policy was last modified on 11.2.11.
116 W. 7th, Suite 211
Stillwater, OK 74074
This text was modified from freeprivacypolicy.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Sir Winston Churchill
Copyright: Peggy L. Ferguson, Ph.D., 116 W. 7th,